Wondering why NW Arkansas needs another church? What does this new church offer that is unique and special? What exactly is City View Baptist Church?
What’s in the name Baptist?
This church is a Baptist church by conviction and principle, not by affiliation. This means that we believe the basic Bible teachings for which Baptists have historically stood. As Baptists, we believe the following:
– The Bible is our sole authority for all matters of faith and practice.
– The church should be autonomous or self-governing.
– The believer does not need a priest, other than Jesus Christ, to come boldly to God.
– Every Christian has equal access to God personally.
– God’s Word gives us two ordinances for the church – baptism and the Lord’s supper.
– Each person is individually responsible for his decision to accept Christ.
– The separation of church and state is biblical.
– The believer is eternally secure and cannot lose salvation.
– There are two biblical offices in the church – pastors and deacons.
What does it mean to be an independent church?
As an independent Baptist church, we are not affiliated with any particular Baptist denomination or ruling body. Because of this we can support our own missionaries, select our own leaders, and support institutions that believe as we believe. In short, our church answers to the headship of Jesus Christ rather than a denominational body. There are currently more than 10,000 independent Baptist churches in America and thousands more throughout the world.
How is the leadership of the church structured?
Ultimately, Christ is the head of this church. On a daily basis, the church is primarily led by the pastor.
What does it mean to be non-charismatic?
This simply means that we are not a part of the modern-day charismatic movement. We do not practice speaking in tongues, faith healing, sensationalism, or believe in extra-biblical revelation. While there are many people who prefer to worship in this way, we choose to worship in ways that we feel to be consistent with God’s Word and with His plan for this church.
What is the philosophy about financial giving?
We do not practice pressure techniques or fundraising schemes. Rather, we choose to occasionally preach and teach what God’s Word says about Christian stewardship and giving. How you respond to that teaching is a heart issue between you and the Lord. The only time you will be contacted about your giving is either when you request it, or when you receive our annual giving statement summary.